Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 28th, 2013

What a month.  I think I'd like to just forget about February 2013 altogether.

So to pick up where I left off re. Peedy.  Thursday late morning the vet called to report on Peedy's blood work and things weren't looking good.  When I told her how he had been acting that morning and how it seemed he was improving considerably, she was beyond excited... yet guarded because of the blood work.  Normal high range of the white blood cell count is 15,000 and Peedy's was 63,000 up from 48,000 or so when we brought him home on Saturday. 

Kyle worked Thursday and Friday, so I let Peedy sleep on the bed again.  He became very picky about his food and although he seemed better in many respects, in many others he seemed to be feeling worse.  On Saturday the 23rd we saw his regular vet and had his blood work redrawn.  The numbers were getting worse.

So with extremely heavy hearts, we loaded everyone in the car and headed to Dog Beach.  That evening we said our final goodbyes.  I think I'm still in denial a little bit, and it is still pretty painful.  When we brought him in, he started eating biscuits and seemed to be in such good spirits.

Brodie is adjusting.  That night we found him lying on a stack of blankets we had laid out for Peedy.  They were such buddies.

I hope you are resting in peace Peedy.  Thank you for being such an incredible companion for so many years.  We look forward to seeing you over the Rainbow Bridge. You are missed terribly.




No comments:

Post a Comment