Thursday, December 13, 2012

UCLA - December 13

Ashlyn's pressure levels were still high in her right eye at Tuesday's Ophthalmology (thank you Google auto correct) appt .  Because she is on the max number of eye meds she can be on at this age, the only option for her is surgery.  We are headed to UCLA because the Glaucoma specialist at Rady's is on Maternity leave.  The other specialists in SD will not work on kids.  The doctor we are seeing up at UCLA is very familiar with Sturge-Weber, so we'll take this as a blessing.

Not knowing the probability of us getting an appt any time soon, we were hoping to have the procedure in January while I am still off work.  However, UCLA want us up there ASAP, so scheduled us for Friday, December 14th.  While we are hopeful the surgery will be a success and eliminate the need for her to have any more eye drops, the thought of her under anesthesia again is scary.  Last time she needed a breathing tube and had a difficult time waking up.  We are not sure whether or not she will be admitted, but we are staying overnight for the follow up appt the next day.

On another note, Kyle has been working or in a class all week so Ashlyn and I have been holding down the house.  She is an amazing little soul :) The way she listens so intently to what you say and studies your face it's almost as if she's going to join in your conversation.  She was pretty fussy yesterday and I couldn't get her to relax until I asked her if she wanted to go look at the trees outside.  She stopped immediately and cooed (I kid you not).  We went outside and she was happy as can be.  I picked an Orange and let her smell the inside.  I think she liked it because she started sticking her tongue out to taste it.

Last night she even slept all night!!! Knock on wood that we can continue this trend!!

On another note, it rained last night and our neighbor's dirt lot ended up in our garage and front yard.  They yanked out their landscaping MONTHS ago. It rained a little bit a month or so ago and we had a minor issue, which they recognized.  Well, we had a monsoon last night and it's just a disaster. Even if they would have put hay bales out or something.  Unfortunately the neighbors are out of town except for their clueless 20 year old daughter.  Kyle is working, but the crew is coming over to put out sand bags. Looks like Ashlyn and I will be shoveling and mopping today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment